Alan is the Managing Partner of the firm and practises in the litigation and dispute resolution areas with particular emphasis on employment, education, health, insurance and charities. Alan has many years experience in employment law, representing employers and employees and advising on how to get the best possible outcome. He can assist you with getting your employment agreements fully compliant with the law as well as with personal grievance claims, mediations and Employment Relations Authority hearings.
Alan has extensive experience representing professionals in the health field in all of the various courts and tribunals. He is Past President of the New Zealand Chapter of the Australia New Zealand Education Law Association, Past President of the Employment Law Institute (2009-2013) and also advises the New Zealand School Trustees Association.
He has advised disciplinary bodies on how to handle hearings and wrote the chapter on the disciplinary process for Cole's Medical Practice in New Zealand as well as numerous articles for other publications.
Alan is the legal adviser to the New Zealand Lions organisation.
Qualifications / Professional Memberships
- LLB - Victoria University (1981)
- NZ Law Society
- NZ Insurance Law Association
- Legal Counsel NZ Lions Council
- Legal Counsel Wellington Lions Cabinet (1993-2007)
- Employment Law Institute (President 2009-2013)
- Australia & New Zealand Education Law Association (Director & President-NZ 2008-2013)
- Te Awe Wellington Maori Business Network
Phone: (04) 473 6850
Fax: (04) 473 9304
Mobile: (0274) 454 259